Thursday

Acknowledge completely where you are at and watch yourself move on!

I have observed a principle in action from observing my clients and myself.

When you write or verbalise your Baseline (a rigorously accurate description of your present circumstances in whatever situation you want to make a change happen in), you intiate the process of change.

Someone once said (I paraphrase what I remember here, but if you know who said it and what it was they said, could you let me know?) "If you can accurately and thoroughly describe a problem, you are 60% of the way to the solution!"

This makes sense to me from my observations of the principle in action.

And I also believe from my own experience, that this is a duplicatable tool everyone can use to intiate change in their current situation. Just describe it thoroughly and you will notice a shift or a change in your perception of the situation and oftentimes, even in the situation itself.

Years ago, Robert Fritz described another aspect of this principle in his ground breaking book: "The Power of Least Resistance" My paraphrasing of this is: "If you can hold a complete and clear picture of your current circumstances and at the same time have a clear and complete picture of your desired circumstances, then your mind will conspire to move you towards achieving your desired circumstances."

Tony Robbins and an army of NLP practitionaires expound this dynamic tension as being between the "Current State" and "Desired State".

I believe its important to write your baseline and your vision side by side and if possible at the same time. Oftentimes, by writing your baseline, you will discover more detail about what you really, really want or need and you can bank that directly in your vision.

So writing your baseline is fertile ground for your transformation. Describing your current situation has the power to create options and movement in your current situation, that were previously impossible to imagine. Not only that, the seed of your vision and your solutions exist in your baseline, waiting for you to crack the surface by your vivid description.

Let me know what you think about this and what your experience has been.

Email Mike...

No comments: